Tuesday 7 September 2010

Places I would Like to go

As part of my course at the Catch 22 academy, I will have the opportunity to do a work placement at a well established media outlet.

From the vast list of Catch 22 partner organisations, there were three that were of particular interest to me.

Trinity Mirror
Trinity Mirror is one of the UK's largest publishers, with 5 national newspapers including The Mirror, The People and 150 regional newspapers.

I would like to work on one of their national papers, covering football and other sports.

Recent News

Recently former Trinity Mirror regional managing director Steve Brown was named as the new boss of Johnston Press's operations in the North of England.

Associated Newspapers




Associated Newspapers is one of the UK’s largest publishers of national newspapers and consumer websites. It is a subsidiary of Daily Mail and General Trust.

Their main publications are The Daily Mail, Sunday Mail and Metro newspapers.

It would be intriguing to work on any of the main publications, again I would like to cover football.

Recent News

ITN signed a new content deal to supply daily video clips to the website of Associated Newspaper’s national free newspaper Metro.

Centaur






Centaur is a business to business publisher. It encompasses a vast range of magazines and websites, including Marketing Week and New Media Age.

I would like to work for New Media Age because I like its informative nature . I'm also really interested in the future of interactive media in the UK.

Recent News

On Friday 28th May, Centaur acquired the company Taxbriefs Holdings Ltd (Taxbriefs) for a consideration of £1.9 million, payable in cash.












No comments:

Post a Comment